Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Cabinet Card from my Collection with link to a wonderful CC Blog.

This cabinet card is from the early 1900s and shows a cute boy and girl.  They both are wearing bow ties, his looks more like a satin bow, while her tie is lace and fabric.  

  She might have matching lace for the cuffs.  Both are wearing high top shoes.  I do not think he can get out of his jacket  quickly with those buttons.


I found a web page all about CABINET CARDS from photographers all around the United States and a few other countries.  There is one section on photographs from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

 It is very informative and I suggest you check it out.

 The back of some Cabinet Cards are as fancy as the front.  Great decorative style printing. 





1 comment:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

So pretty......and I went to the link and there are more! I am still in the dark......what exactly is a cabinet card......how is it different from a photo?

Search This Blog

Blog Archive