Monday, March 7, 2011

Residences In Lewistown Montana Early Postcard

I always like to research the towns that are featured on my postcards.  I have an interesting book called "Not In Precious Metals Alone" A Manuscript History of Motana compiled by the Montana Historical Society In Helena.
Here is an excerpt from a letter about Lewistown (not dated) from this book.
We had  a very interesting time at our State Central Committee at Lewistown....Women from all parts of the state made their first suffrage and open air speeches at the same time and the audiences enjoyed them very much. There was one anti in Lewistown.
One woman...said that the antis reminded her of the old jingle about the purple cow.  "I never saw a purple cow. I hope I never see one, but I can tell you anyhow, I would rather see than be one."
Available at Amazon.com
Great Letters about the history of Montana

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive