Saturday, May 3, 2008

Rummage Sale Find

Well I went to several yard sales today and two rummage sales but didn't find any postcards....but I found this framed 1934 counted cross stitch piece. I think it was actually framed in the late 1950's or early 1960's. It has a sealed brown paper backing so I don't want to open up and check the linen. Hopefully its authentic. I wonder if its from a nursery rhyme. It measures about 8 inches by 10 inches. I also found some doilies which I love using in craft projects.

3 comments:

nancy huggins said...

Wow..That was a good find. Do you use any of your neat things when you decorate your own house?
My room upstairs that I call my Pioneer Room is all done in what I call "Early Attic"
I just enjoy looking at all my old Junk :)
Nancy

papel1 said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I was telling my husband that I was wishing our house looked like the decorated rooms at the History Center with all their displays, so he said why don't you display more. Don't know if I can pick a whole room, but maybe a corner.
Judy

Kumar said...

thanx for the visit n the comments buddy!

http://google-buddies.blogspot.com

Search This Blog

Blog Archive